Dear Parents and Carers,
The staff and children have had a productive spring term and are looking forward to recharging their batteries in preparation for an action-packed summer term. There are lots of things to look forward to as you can see below, including our Year 6 residential visit to Holland. Please do keep an eye on the diary dates as new events are added regularly.
Mrs Heath, our school business manager, will be retiring shortly after we return from the Easter holidays. She has worked tirelessly over the last 10 years to help make our school a better place. I am sure you will join me in thanking Mrs Heath for her commitment to our children, and in wishing her a very happy retirement.
I hope you manage to take some time to relax and spend time with friends and family when Easter comes.
Here’s a short Easter film for you to enjoy at home.
Thank you for all your support this term.
Mrs A Whistler
|Monday 8th April – Monday 22nd April 2019 (inclusive)
· School closed for Easter holidays
|Tuesday 23rd April 2019
· First day of summer term
· Victorian day in Year 2
|Wednesday 24th April 2019
· Year 4 (Rowan class) visit to Hindu Temple
|Thursday 25th April 2019
· Year 4 (Beech class) visit to Hindu Temple
· Year 4 (Rowan class) visit to Newcastle University
|Monday 29th April 2019
· Year 1 visit to Kirkley Hall Zoo
|Tuesday 30th April 2019
· NSPCC workshops in Year 5 and Year 6
|Monday 6th May 2019
· Bank holiday Monday – school closed
|Tuesday 7th May 2019
· Year 5 visit to Woodhorn Museum
|Wednesday 8th May 2019
· Year 6 residential – meeting for parents (and children) at 5pm
|Monday 13th May – Thursday 16th May 2019 (inclusive)
· Year 6 SATS week
|Monday 20th May 2019
· Year 6 visit to Royal Northern Sinfonia at Sage Gateshead
|Monday 27th – Friday 31st May 2019 (inclusive)
· Half term holiday – school closed