Dear Parents and Carers,
I am delighted to inform you that, having undertaken a two day assessment process prior to the Easter holidays, Kells Lane Primary School has been awarded the Inclusive Schools Award.
The assessment was extremely thorough and involved interviews with pupils, staff, parents, governors and school leaders. Inclusive practice during lessons, assemblies and children’s social times was also scrutinised.
Here are just a few extracts from the detailed report we received.
‘Kells Lane is a vibrant, welcoming school which offers a safe and highly supportive environment for the pupils in its care. The school’s inclusive ethos is evident in the wide range of strategies it employs and experiences it provides.’
‘The energy, enthusiasm and passion of staff moves the school continuously forward and places inclusion at the heart of all decisions. Diversity is respected and welcomed so that everyone knows they have positive contributions to make.’
‘Pupils’ behaviour and conduct in and around school is exemplary and key values are demonstrated through positive relationships, well targeted praise and celebrations of pupil achievement. Relationships between staff and pupils are excellent, pupils thrive within the atmosphere of care, trust and challenge provided.’
Needless to say, I am very proud of our strong inclusive ethos at Kells Lane. Thank you to the pupils, parents, staff and governors who contributed to the assessment process. I would also like to say a special thank you to Mrs Lee for all her hard work in achieving this award.
Have a lovely weekend.
Mrs A Whistler
|Monday 29th April 2019
· Year 1 visit to Kirkley Hall Zoo
|Tuesday 30th April 2019
· NSPCC workshops in Year 5 and Year 6
|Thursday 2nd May 2019
· Polling Day (local elections) – school open as normal
|Monday 6th May 2019
· Bank holiday Monday – school closed
|Tuesday 7th May 2019
· Year 5 visit to Woodhorn Museum
|Wednesday 8th May 2019
· Year 6 residential – meeting for parents (and children) at 5pm
|Monday 13th May – Thursday 16th May 2019 (inclusive)
· Year 6 SATS week
|Monday 20th May 2019
· Year 6 visit to Royal Northern Sinfonia at Sage Gateshead
|Thursday 23rd May 2019
· Polling Day (European elections) – school open as normal
|Friday 24th May 2019
· Non-uniform day in school (all donations towards our Playground Project greatly received)
|Monday 27th – Friday 31st May 2019 (inclusive)
· Half term holiday – school closed