Dear Parents and Carers,
I am delighted to inform you that your children will be involved in two very exciting art and design projects in the next couple of months.
The first exciting project began this week with children working alongside professional artists to design graffiti style artwork to be displayed in school. This project will involve all the classes in school. Children will be encouraged to think about their local area to create original design pieces. With a little help from the professionals, this will then be transformed into a magnificent representation of Low Fell, Gateshead and beyond. I look forward to sharing some exciting photographs on the school website in the coming weeks.
Our second project involves David McKee’s world famous character ‘Elmer the Elephant’. You may remember the huge success of the Great North Snowdogs. This year is Elmer’s 30th birthday which is perfect timing for what will be known as Elmer’s Great North Parade.
About 60 large Elmers – each one decorated by an artist or celebrity – will be positioned around Tyne and Wear, mostly near Metro stations, from August 19 to October 27, 2019.
In addition, Kells Lane Primary will be responsible for decorating one of another 100 smaller Elmers as part of an extensive associated learning programme.
Thank you to Mrs Millar for organising these special events. I’m sure you will agree there are some exciting times ahead!
Have a lovely weekend.
Mrs A Whistler
|Wednesday 20th March 2019
· Year 5 Spring Assembly for parents (2.45 pm start)
|Thursday 21st March 2019
· Year 3 Spring Assembly for parents (2.45 pm start)
|Friday 22nd March 2019
· Year 4 Spring Assembly for parents (2.45 pm start)
|Monday 25th March 2019
· Phase 2 of Playground Project begins today ( a week later than previously publicised)
· Book Fair in school this week
· Year 5 visit to Lord Lawson for Mary Poppins performance
|Tuesday 26th March 2019
· Reception classes visit to Hall Hill Farm
|Wednesday 27th March 2019
· Chris Connaughton to work with Year 6 – Young Hamlet
|Wednesday 27th March – Friday 29th March 2019
· Year 4 residential visit to Dukeshouse Wood
|Thursday 28th March 2019
· Class photographs for Reception, Year 2 and Year 6
· Year 6 Online Safety talks
|Monday 1st April 2019
· Year 3 visit to Durham University (Willow class)
· Year 5 working with Dr Bike
· KLSF Disco (6.45pm – 8pm Year 2 to Year 6)
|Tuesday 2nd April 2019
· Year 3 visit to Durham University (Maple class)
· Year 5 working with Dr Bike
· Year 5 performance at Gateshead Dance Festival (Sage)
|Tuesday 2nd, Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th April 2019
· Early Years Stay and Play sessions (please book online)
|Thursday 4th April 2019
· Easter Egg making in school
|Friday 5th April 2019
· Non uniform day in school
· Last day of term – school finishes at normal time
|Monday 8th April – Monday 22nd April 2019 (inclusive)
· School closed for Easter holidays
|Tuesday 23rd April 2019
· First day of summer term