Dear Parents and Carers,
Well done to all the Year 5 children who took part in the Joseph Swan Concert of Remembrance last night. Your performance, together with children from our neighbouring schools, was very moving, and I was incredibly proud of you all.
We marked Armistice Day today with a special assembly and two minutes of silent reflection. The children have been talking about why we wear poppies and have been relating that to how we can all learn from our own mistakes. We teach children that mistakes are how we learn and that working collaboratively with others is the key to success.
Next week is Anti-Bullying Week 2016. The theme this year is ‘Power for Good’ with the following key aims:
- To support children and young people to use their Power for Good – by understanding the ways in which they are powerful and encouraging individual and collective action to stop bullying and create the best world possible.
- To help parents and carers to use their Power for Good – through supporting children with issues relating to bullying and working together with schools to stop bullying.
- To encourage all teachers, school support staff and youth workers to use their Power for Good– by valuing the difference they can make in a child’s life, and taking individual and collective action to prevent bullying and create safe environments where children can thrive.
We will be delivering special assemblies and focussed Citizenship lessons devoted to the theme. If you would like to find out more please follow this link to the Anti-Bullying website:
We want to spend the last day of this special week exercising our Power for Good by raising money for Children in Need. The school council have written to you to ask for your support in our special Pyjama Day next Friday. Please check the school website if you didn’t receive a copy of the letter.
Have a good weekend.
Mrs A Whistler
Dates for your diary for next couple of weeks:
|Monday 14th – Friday 18th November
· Anti-Bullying week in school
|Tuesday 15th November
· Parents’ Evening #2
|Friday 18th November
· Last day for Christmas pudding orders – by midday please
· Children in Need ‘Pyjama’ day in school
|Tuesday 22nd November
· Parents Evening #3
|Wednesday 23rd November
· Lexia meeting for parents in school – 1st meeting at 2.30pm/2nd meeting at 3.30pm
|Thursday 24th November
· Nasal flu vaccination for children in Year 1 to Year 6
|Thursday 24th November
· Kells Lane School Fundraising will be collecting any donations of chocolate for our tombola later this term – all donations greatly appreciated
|Friday 25th November
· Last date to order a school Christmas dinner
|Tuesday 29th November
· Information meeting for Year 6 Holland trip – starts at 5.30pm